06 February 2010

Retirement Party for a Teacher

This was a retirement party that I just did for an educator at our school. She wanted the theme to be children and her favorite colors are beige and brown so I really tried to incorporate all the things she wanted....After 35 years of service I wanted the event to be a delightful and unforgetable for her...:)
This is a close up of the paper flowers that I created and used in the centerpieces... They were made with scrapbook stickers and tissue paper...
Because this was a school function the budget was kept at a minimum...I used brown bags which I drew children on....I was inspired by Darcy Miller's Family Shadow Boxes...
Here is a close-up of the paper bags that I designed...the raffia bow and tissue paper was used to give more color...
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Inspired by Darcy Miller’s scrapboxing display in the February issue of Martha Stewart Living and on the Martha Stewart Show? Now is your chance to show off your own scrapboxes! Simply take a picture of your masterpiece and upload it to the Martha Stewart website: http://www.marthastewart.com/gallery?galleryId=making_memories

    ReplyDelete