07 January 2010

First Birthday Luau...




This Luau was a birthday celebration for my daughter....Julianne was turning 1! I realize that at age 1 you are so small that you really have no clue what is going on...but on the other hand it was her 1st Birthday and she was my first baby - so of course- I went all out! I decided to have a party that everyone would enjoy - I did not want the adults to be watching the clock and waiting for their time to depart- I did this luau and it was a huge success!!!

As the guests arrived they were greeted with lei's and a name badge that had their names translated to the polynesian language. Little girls and young ladies wore grass skirst as well and the guys were given straw hats and were asked to wear hawaiian looking shirts...

The decor was kept simple...tables were decorated with real pinapples...and grass skirts were put around each table. Lots of citronella candles were used because the party was done in the middle of summer.

The pool and patio area was decorated with candles and floating balls and paper umbrellas.

A polynesian show was the main attraction - it was FABULOUS!!!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment